To initiate a refund for a customer, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Payments page and locate the specific charge that requires a refund.
- Click on the charge and select "Initiate Refund".
- Provide the refund amount and reason for the refund.
- Click on "Refund" to complete the process.
When attempting a refund, please keep in mind:
- If a refund is initiated before the charge is processed, the charge will be voided. Charges are typically processed shortly after midnight ET.
- Partial refunds are not possible until the charge has been batched.
- For ACH and EFT payments, a refund cannot be issued until the payment has been successfully processed, which can take up to 5 business days.