Steps to submit evidence
To submit evidence in response to a dispute, follow these steps:
- Go to “Disputes”
- Click into the dispute that requires a response (you will be navigated to the payment details page)
- Select “Respond to dispute” in the dispute alert at the top of the page
- Provide the requested information, including any supporting evidence
- Click the “Submit evidence” button
The deadline for submitting evidence is displayed on the Payment Details and Dispute Details pages.
Examples of documentation
While the available and ideal documentation may vary depending on the product and dispute reason, here are some examples of compelling evidence that merchants commonly provide:
- Proof of delivery: This can include shipment tracking information, delivery confirmation, or signed receipts from the customer acknowledging receipt of the goods or services.
- Customer communication: Any correspondence or communication with the customer that demonstrates their satisfaction with the transaction, such as emails, chat logs, or support tickets.
- Transaction records: Detailed records of the transaction, including invoices, receipts, order forms, or any other relevant documentation that clearly shows the purchase was authorized and completed by the customer.
- Product or service descriptions: Descriptions or specifications of the product or service offered, including pricing, features, terms, and conditions, to establish that the customer was aware of what they were purchasing.
- Contracts or agreements: If applicable, contracts or agreements between the merchant and the customer that outline the terms of the transaction, refund policies, or any other relevant terms and conditions.
- Proof of identity: In cases where identity verification is crucial, providing evidence that verifies the customer's identity, such as government-issued identification documents or authentication records.